Choose Your Language

Sunday 13 January 2008

New Areas For A New Era

I started working with the NWN2 toolset with respect to area building today. I have played around with it before, but today was my first "serious" attempt to put together one of the outdoor areas that will be used in the new era for the campaign. It was not easy, but I hope it will become easier as I spend more time using the toolset.

This screenshot shows that the area looks half reasonable, and while it is no piece of artwork, I hope it will be adequate for most people's expectations. I recognise that doing better requires a skill I don't have, and hope it does not detract from the game overall.

NB: This screenshot also shows the larger mini map in play.

2 comments:

Ryshara said...

Lance, I wanted to welcome you to NWN2 building! I haven't built a module in the NWN toolset, but I've been told it is easier to build exteriors than with NWN2. I am sure you are up to the challenge and will enjoy the newer toolset once you get the hang of it. :)

I am looking forward to reading more about your work and I am going to add your blog to my list.

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

Thanks Lady Elvenstar :)

I am just getting the hang of things as I go, much like I am getting the hang of using this blog! (I only just noticed your comment - sorry about that.)

Feel free to add more comments if you read anything interesting. I will always respond if I get the chance.